Monday, March 9, 2015

Traditions, traditions!

Mark 7:9 KJV
[9] And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 KJV
[13] Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I don't have a whole lot or anything really profound to say about this but as I read these verse I just wondered how many times my traditions have gotten in the way of God's will. 

The word tradition makes me think of a holidays and rituals we partake in. Here is googles definition of tradition: the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

A tradition could be anything we do in our life that we do just because it's how it's always been. The activities we partake in, the music we listen to, how we dress can all become "traditions."

Are these traditions in our lives bring honor to God? Or are they making the word of God of none effect? 

I challenge you all to examine your traditions and start making new traditions that won't get in the way of God's word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment